Saturday, January 25, 2014

30 on 30

30 Things to Do While 30

1. get a tattoo, yes Jon I'm being serious
2. go on a proper vacation with Jon
3. visit a city/State I have never been to
4. practice the 'new thing brought home, old thing leaves the house' rule
5. get actively stronger again
6. update the house in a meaningful way, like pick up a hammer kind of way new windows!
7. practice the art of not oversubscribing to people/events/obligations
8. pay off my library debt and never feel that shame again! done and done, clean slate as of January
9. pay off remaining CC debt
10. travel somewhere new to me in Michigan
11. successfully expand my career and better support my schools with actual support (past compliance issues)
12. train for and compete in an athletic event
13. babysit for my friends
14. be more of a cheerleader than a coach when it comes to my personal connections- most of the time we just want support, not advice
15. have more days filled with Laura-isms- coffee pots, magazines, comfy chairs, manicures, movies I've seen hundreds of times, Disney songs, grapefruits and hammocks
16. celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary in style
17. get our car washed and detailed regularly
18. plant a smaller but better garden
19. pay for someones meal/drink at a drive thru
20. give someone a gift anonymously 
21. try out a church Fountain Street downtown
22. get involved with West Michigan refugee community
23. give my parents more hugs and tell them I love them more
24. find an out of office place that I can work at effectively and then schedule it consistently
25. purge my kitchen of old/dated cookware and upgrade
26. go wine tasting
27. landscape my yard
28. volunteer with HP
29. avoid buying more blue and black clothes...lets try for something different!
30. face my anxieties and fears by learning new coping mechanisms

Whew :) Want to help me on my quest for making Year 30 be as great as it can be? Hold me accountable and ask about the list, better yet join me in one of the adventures!



1 comment:

Kevin said...

Seems like a great list!